Confluence Privacy Statement
Effective May 25, 2018
Confluence Technologies Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively “Confluence”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting and providing you knowledge on how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information. This Privacy Statement ("Statement") applies to this website or to any website that includes a link or reference to this Statement (“Website”) and describes how we handle Personal Information (as described below) and the choices available to you regarding collection, use, access and how to update and correct your Personal Information.
The Personal Information we collect
We may collect data, including Personal Information, on our Website and about you as you use the Website. "Personal Information" includes information that can be used to identify you as an individual, and may include, for instance, your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. The information we collect depends on how you use our Website.
Each visitor to the Website may be identified by an IP address during their visit and IP addresses are automatically captured. With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect information such as:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, source domain names, browser type and version, time zone setting, length of time spent, and operating system and platform.
- information about your visit even if you have not created an account or logged in, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), specific web pages, clickstream to, through and from our site including date and time, products and services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We also collect Personal Information from trusted third-party sources and engage third parties to collect Personal Information to assist us.
We and third parties we engage may combine information we collect from you over time and across our Website with information obtained from other sources. This helps us improve the information’s overall accuracy and completeness, and also helps us better tailor our interactions with you.
Please ensure that the Personal Information you communicate to us is up-to-date and accurate.
How we use your Personal Information
We only use, store and possess your Personal Information for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Website, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, providing you with information, products and services that you request from us, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law. As the case may be, we will provide you with the basis of such legitimate purposes upon its occurrence, prior to implementation of the related processing.
As such, we may collect Personal Information for a variety of purposes within the following:
- Providing you with information requested from us;
- Respond to an inquiry from you;
- Providing you with a Confluence white paper or other publication and/or providing you access to Confluence’s online resources;
- Sending communications to you, including for marketing or customer survey purposes, either directly from Confluence or from our partners;
- Creating an account;
- Providing customer service and support;
- Improving the operation of the Website and/or help adjust the content of the Website to the general geographic location of you and for reporting purposes; and
- Managing a job application.
We may also use or disclose your Personal Information when we believe, in good faith, that such use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our agreements, or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of Confluence, Confluence’s clients, or others.
How we share your Personal Information
We may share your personal Information with third parties, in some cases located outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) for the purposes of operating our business, delivering, improving, and customizing our Website, sending marketing and other communications related to our business, and for other legitimate purposes permitted by applicable law or otherwise, and when needed, with your consent. As the case may be, we will provide you with the basis of such legitimate purposes upon its occurrence, prior to the implementation of the related processing.
Therefore, we may share Personal Information in the following ways:
- Within Confluence and any of our Worldwide subsidiaries for purposes of data processing or storage;
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents, or contractors to provide our products and services or facilitate transactions. Examples include, but are not limited to: processing or orders, hosting websites, and providing support.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to comply with legal process or meet national security requirements; protect the rights, property, or safety of Confluence, its business partners, you, or others; or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- In aggregated, anonymized, and/or de-identified form that cannot be used to identify you;
Links to third-parties’ websites
The Website may contain links to third-party websites as a service for you. These third party websites are operated by companies outside of our control, and your activities on those third party websites will be governed by the policies and procedures of those third parties. Confluence takes no responsibility for the content or information practices of such third parties and encourage you to review the privacy polices of these third parties before disclosing any information.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We implement reasonable physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Confluence also relies on reasonable measures to safeguard Personal Information in our possession, including:
- Enforcement of companywide policies and procedures for our employees on how to handle Personal Information;
- Restricting access to Personal Information to only those employees and third party service providers on a “need to know” basis or where access is needed for a legitimate business purpose;
- Use of technologies to safeguard data during transmission, such as SSL encryption for some of the data that you provide via our Website and using appropriate security measures to safeguard the data we collect and possess;
- Use of industry-standard measures and processes for detecting and responding to inappropriate attempts to breach our computer systems and networks.
The Internet, however, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us through this technology. Should we become aware of any breach to the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information, and where mandated by law, we will inform you without undue delay.
Retention of Personal information
We will retain your Personal Information as needed to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our business requirements, legal obligations, resolve disputes, protect our assets, and enforce our agreements.
You have the right to access, obtain a paper or electronic copy, review, correct and update all your Personal Information stored by us to confirm its accuracy. You may request that certain of your Personal Information be deleted from our files. In certain circumstances, when required by applicable law, you may also exercise your right to portability of your Personal Information. Confluence will make reasonable efforts to comply with such requests, unless such requests are prohibited by law, or there is a legitimate purpose to retain personal data, in which case we will inform you without undue delay. We reserve the right to verify your identity before any request relating to your Personal Information processed by us. Please direct any questions about your Personal Information to email@example.com.
In accordance with this Statement, but excluding (i) any transfers of data to third parties performing tasks directly on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions and (ii) new processing operation requiring your prior consent, where we receive Personal Information directly from an EU or Swiss individual to which such Personal Information relates, we will offer the individual the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether his or her Personal Information is (1) disclosed to a third party for purposes other than direct marketing; or (2) used for a purpose that is different than the purpose it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual and compatible with that original purpose. Any individual who wishes to opt out can do so freely and at any time by contacting Confluence at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In situations where we receive Personal Information pertaining to individuals residing in the EU and/or Switzerland directly from our clients (and not the individual to whom the Personal Information relates), we will cooperate with our clients’ reasonable requests to:
- assist them in informing the impacted individuals about (a) the possibility that we may disclose such individuals’ information to third parties and (b) the individual’s ability to opt out of such disclosures (except for disclosures to third parties performing tasks directly on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions); and
- reasonably ensure that we process the information for purposes compatible with the purposes for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the impacted individuals. After we have notified our clients, they will then inform us if any individuals have opted out of such disclosures.
If you are not satisfied with our answer or the way we process your Personal Information pursuant to this Statement, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority. If you reside within the European Union, a list of national data protection authorities can be found here:
Transfer, processing and storage of Personal Information
As a global organization with legal entities and business processes in operation across borders we may transfer your Personal Information to Confluence in the United States of America, to any Confluence subsidiary worldwide, or to third parties and business partners as described above that are located in various countries around the world. By using our websites or providing any personal Information to us, where applicable law permits, you are informed of the transfer, processing, and storage of such information outside of your country of residence where data protection standards may be different.
Confluence encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities. Confluence does not sell or offer its services and products to children. As such, our sites are designed for adult user interaction. We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian of a minor under the age of 18 and believe that the minor has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us.
Choice and Opt-Out
In addition to the “unsubscribe” link contained in each of our e-mail communications, you may opt-out freely and at any time of receiving Confluence newsletters or other e-mail communications from Confluence by sending an e-mail to Confluence_Unsubscribe@confluence.com.
We reserve the right to update this Statement from time to time in our absolute discretion. If we modify our Statement, we will post the revised version here, with an updated revision date and notify you by other means prior to the changes taking effect, such as by sending you a notification. By continuing to use our website after such revisions are in effect, you accept and agree to the revisions and to abide by them.
How to Contact
If you have any questions regarding Confluence’s privacy practices, the use of your Personal Information, or about this Statement, please contact us at:
Confluence Technologies, Inc.
Nova Tower One
One Allegheny Square, Suite 800
Pittsburgh, PA 15222