February 19-22, 2024
The Diplomat Beach Resort, Hollywood, Florida
2024 Confluence Sales Kick-off
- All Hotel accommodations will be provided. You will not be required to use your corporate card to expense anything during your stay at SKO (with exception of transportation; see Transportation section below). All food, beverages and accommodations will be included In your stay.
- If you decide to arrive before the 19th or stay after the 22nd, this is considered a personal expense and will not be reimbursed by Confluence.
- Any hotel purchases during your stay at the hotel will be considered a personal expense and will not be reimbursed by Confluence.
- Unless otherwise told differently, all Confluence employees should arrive on Monday and depart Thursday.
- You should fly into MIA (Miami) or FLL (Fort Lauderdale) airport. Both International Airports equidistant to the Hotel.
- All international and domestic (within US or within Europe) air flights should be booked in Economy Class using Concur. In instances where Economy Plus or an equivalent class can be booked for a lesser or equal cost, it may be booked.
- All travel should be booked using Concur in economy class unless the flight time exceeds 10 hours.
- For flights exceeding 10 hours, work with your Manager or SLT member on a suitable class option.
- Employees are free to upgrade at their personal expense. Such upgrades are not reimbursable.
- All travel should be made as far in advance as possible, and no fewer than 14 days before the scheduled departure date. Travel within 14 days of departure requires approval from your SLT member.
- Changes to an existing booking that involve a cost increase to Confluence requires authorization from your Approver.
- Fully flexible fares should not be booked.
- Same-day ticket exchanges for early departures will not be reimbursed, unless an employee is able to change a flight at least two hours earlier, and for a cost of $100 or less.
- If a flight delay results in an overnight stay, the employee should request hotel accommodations and meal vouchers from the airline. Only if the airline does not provide such accommodations will reimbursement be available.
- Baggage fees vary by airline. For short business trips, employees should make every effort to travel with a carry-on bag, which is often allowed without extra cost. Confluence will reimburse employees for excess baggage fees in instances where an employee is traveling with equipment necessary for business or with Confluence records or property, if the employee is traveling for an extended period, or if the selected airline requires baggage fees.
NOTE: Confluence is not liable for lost baggage. Ultimate responsibility for lost baggage lies with the airlines. Employees should take care to minimize the possibility of personal losses by carrying valuables and important documents on your person at all times; and properly tagging bags and retaining claim receipts for checked-in luggage.
- Gail Fitzpatrick will be tracking list of all individuals arriving and departing so we can limit the transportation expenses to and from the hotel. She will be sending out a list for you to complete.
- Please coordinate with your colleagues to ensure group transportation is considered.
- There are taxis and Ubers available at both Miami and Fort Lauderdale International Airports.
- Arrival and Departure transportation should be expensed on your corporate card.
- Business Casual during the event
- Team building events will require sporting attire.
- Awards dinner we ask employees to dress semi-formal.
- Airport and/or Taxi expense for SKO should be tagged in Concur or your Expense reports with an “Expenses Type” dropdown “2024 SKO”.