Confluence Enhances Unity® Performance to Provide Performance Calculation and Risk Analytics for Retail Funds and Institutional Portfolios
Enhanced Offering Lets Fund Managers Consolidate Performance Calculation and Analytics into a Single Shared Service Across the Enterprise
April 13, 2015
Confluence, a global leader in data-driven managed investment solutions, today announced it has enhanced its flagship Unity Performance solution to provide additional options for institutional portfolio returns and performance analytics.
Unity Performance has long been the industry standard for automating daily and monthly mutual fund return calculations. Today the solution is used to calculate fund returns for more than 80 percent of U.S. mutual funds. By expanding to provide support for institutional portfolios and portfolio analytics, Unity Performance eliminates the need to use multiple systems or vendors for performance reporting. The solution automates the calculation of fund, portfolio and composite returns while providing attribution, contribution, and risk and volatility statistics. With over 800 functions available, the solution delivers on even the most complex performance requirements.
By eliminating multiple systems, the solution provides increased accuracy and control over performance reporting across the organization. As a result, portfolio managers can now leverage the industry standard to efficiently and effectively measure and communicate how their investment decision processes have impacted customers' investment results.
"Asset managers are increasingly focused on defragmenting their technology and data by consolidating vendors and relying on solutions that deliver broad functionality across a global enterprise," said Paul Soltis, North American Market Manager at Confluence. "By expanding our Unity Performance solution to support returns for both institutional portfolios and retail funds, and to support performance analytics across all asset classes, we are delivering on that need and enabling investment firms to manage enterprise-wide performance calculation, analysis and reporting from a single platform."
Unity Performance includes the following options:
• Fund Returns calculates and delivers all of the geometric returns required for mutual fund disclosures and marketing, as well as for internal analysis, including load and no load, synthetic, multi-currency, gross of fees, principal only and U.S. after-tax.
• Portfolio Returns provides flexibility to easily calculate portfolio performance returns according to different methodologies such as Money Weighted Return, Time Weighted Return or Modified Dietz.
• Risk & Volatility Statistics enables standard and ad-hoc reports to be automatically created including the most common risk measures and calculations used for external reporting, marketing documents and internal portfolio analysis.
• Contribution enables returns to be broken down through criteria such as sectors, geo zones, currencies and instrument types. Asset managers can compare holdings to indices or model portfolios and identify top contributors and detractors to fund returns.
• Attribution allows any type of attribution to be calculated with various criteria parameters and models, including transaction based, to fit the analysis of each specific type of portfolio or financial instrument, including fixed income and dervatives.
Confluence is a global technology solutions provider delivering innovative products to the worldwide money management industry, to meet asset managers’ and service providers’ performance, reporting, analytics, risk and data needs. With the recent acquisition of StatPro, Confluence offers its clients a broader range of data-driven managed investment solutions including post-trade regulatory and shareholder reporting, performance and attribution, portfolio analytics, and asset data services and data management, delivering a full technology suite to the front, middle and back office. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Confluence serves the international fund industry with locations across Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.