Unity® Post-Trade Compliance
Detailed and Complete Post-Trade Evaluation
Fund administrators have played an increasingly pivotal role in the portfolio compliance testing process. They provide post-trade oversight of the investment manager to verify that securities selections remain compliant with regulatory and prospectus investment limit restrictions after trades have settled. This post-trade oversight is important to identify trade errors, trade violations and potential fund strategy and disclosure issues.
Test, Confirm and Deliver with Unity Post-Trade Compliance
Unity Post-Trade Compliance automates the post-trade compliance function.
With Unity Post-Trade Compliance, you can:
- Create restrictions using the standard restrictions library or create customized restrictions.
- Generate daily test results to a compliance dashboard with noted exceptions.
- Produce print-ready* reports suitable for users, compliance executives, the Board, auditors and examiners.
And these features allow you to:
- Know that accurate data is being reported for post-trade compliance testing.
- Assign security rights for specific functions.
- Provide user-defined access to specific portfolios and tests.
- Maintain historical audit trails of all test results, exceptions, violations and actions taken—ensuring adherence to regulatory recordkeeping requirements.
- Address regulator concerns that proper controls are in place.
Unity Post-Trade Compliance accelerates the creation of post-trade documentation, which allows you to:
- Reduce Costs by ensuring timely identification of compliance violations, and by consolidating multiple processes and systems for managing restrictions, augmenting data and performing compliance tests.
- Eliminate Risk by performing more frequent testing—eliminating the risk of violations going undetected for extended periods of time. Make use of a standard restriction library to provide greater consistency in interpreting regulatory language.
- Elevate Service Levels by meeting the demands of your management, compliance executives and Board for flexible, accurate and timely reporting; and ensuring that violations are addressed and resolved quickly. Reduce the burden on technical staff and empower business users by allowing them to set up basic restrictions.
- Increase Scalability by establishing daily, comprehensive testing without increasing your staff. Gain the flexibility to readily adjust to business and regulatory changes.
Tracking for Every Transaction
Designed to support managed investments—such as mutual funds, alternative investments and variable products—Unity Post-Trade Compliance integrates seamlessly with common desktop business applications, and lets you automatically manage the post-trade compliance function from your existing desktop.
And because all data is stored in a centralized database and reused for multiple purposes, you can be confident that values have been validated and controlled.
- Collect — Automatically collect portfolio, holdings and security-level data from your fund accounting system and other third-party sources.
- Create — Easily set up restrictions by using a standard restrictions library or by creating customized restrictions. Establish warning and failure thresholds, assign restrictions to portfolios, create data validation rules and establish the frequency of testing and notifications.
- Confirm — Access a test results dashboard to analyze and resolve data exceptions, and test warnings and failures. Automatically create an audit log of exceptions and actions taken.
- Deliver — Automatically escalate test exceptions via e-mail. Produce a restrictions summary and test results reports for your compliance executives, Board, auditors and regulators.
The Unity Platform by Design
Unity Post-Trade Compliance is part of the Unity platform, the comprehensive fund administration platform from Confluence. The Unity platform replaces multiple time-consuming, costly, and error-prone manual processes with the ability to achieve mass customization, process consolidation, and complete automation of vital reporting functions through a single source.
Each of the product solutions that comprise the Unity platform is available for installation as part of your company's technology infrastructure, or online for users who prefer a fully-hosted option.
For more information about Confluence products, call 412.802.8632 or contact us.
* Print-ready output through Microsoft Word® files provides a reasonably similar but not exact replication of third-party typeset materials. Microsoft Word® is a trademark of its respective owner.