Unity® Financial Statements
Complete, Flexible Statement Reporting
Since Sarbanes-Oxley, financial statement processing has become considerably more demanding. Without automation, the process of collecting data, creating draft reports, verifying accuracy and delivering the final reports can take weeks—or months. And, reliance on manual processes and multiple spreadsheets puts financial statements at-risk for error and creates a barrier to scalability.
Improve Accuracy with Unity Financial Statements
Unity Financial Statements streamlines the statement generation function and addresses existing and future financial reporting requirements.
With Unity Financial Statements, you can:
- Automate the process of collecting trial balance data.
- Create statements and notes.
- Confirm data against your business rules.
- Deliver complete financial statements.
- Achieve complete control across the entire financial reporting process.
- Establish user-defined permission controls.
- Create audit trails to record changes and updates.
- Document which user made updates.
- Comply with FAS 157 reporting requirements.
And that allows you to generate a wide range of financial statements.
- Statements of Assets and Liabilities
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of Financial Condition
- Statement of Operations
- Statements of Income
- Statement of Operations and Incentive Allocation
- Statements of Changes in Net Assets
- Statement of Changes in Partners' Capital
- Statement of Changes in Shareholders' Equity
- Statement of Changes in Members' Equity
- Statements of Cash Flows
- Financial Highlights
- Notes to Financial Statements
- N-SAR data files
Unity Financial Statements accelerates the creation of statement documentation, which allows you to:
- Reduce Costs by automatically confirming that your statement numbers are accurate and tie. This eliminates the need for redundant manual reviews and signing off on a manual checklist.
- Eliminate Risk by validating statement information within and between statements automatically. This ensures that values foot and tie to other statements with “smart rounding” functionality.
- Elevate Service Levels by delivering reports to internal and external clients faster through print-ready* financial statements and notes. This empowers users by enabling them to seamlessly integrate with common business applications—without learning new tools.
- Increase Scalability by creating financial reports in hours instead of days or weeks. Add new funds or additional share classes without the need to add more staff.
- Control the financial statement production process by managing trial balance updates and statement calculations.
Reporting for Every Application
Designed to support managed investments—such as mutual funds, alternative investments, and variable products—Unity Financial Statements integrates seamlessly with common desktop business applications and lets you automatically create print-ready* statements from your existing desktop.
And because all data is stored in a centralized database and reused for multiple purposes, you can be confident that report data has been validated and controlled.
- Collect — Automatically collect trial balance data and other contributing information from upstream systems and notify users when the data is ready.
- Create — Assemble data into financial statements and notes to the financial statements with user-maintained templates and easily make trial balance adjustments.
- Confirm — Know that your numbers are correct by letting the system automatically review statements and notify users of exceptions to user-defined business rules.
- Deliver — Generate statements according to any schedule frequency and in any format you define—including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or PDF.
The Unity Platform by Design
Unity Financial Statements is part of the Unity platform, the comprehensive fund administration platform from Confluence. The Unity platform replaces multiple time-consuming, costly, and error-prone manual processes with the ability to achieve mass customization, process consolidation, and complete automation of vital reporting functions through a single source.
Each of the product solutions that comprise the Unity platform is available for installation as part of your company's technology infrastructure, or online for users who prefer a fully-hosted option.
For more information about Confluence products, call 412.802.8632 or contact us.
* Print-ready output through Microsoft Word® files provides a reasonably similar but not exact replication of third-party typeset materials. Microsoft Word® is a trademark of its respective owner.