Complete Budget and Expense Analysis
Fund analysts spend countless hours manually monitoring and analyzing fund expenses. The task is complex and the process is at high risk of error. Without predictable and repeatable processes in place, failure to monitor and analyze bills paid to date against fund projections and accruals results in wasted time and poor data.
Achieve Process Consolidation and Control with Unity Budgeting
Unity Budgeting completely streamlines the process of creating and delivering customized reports and specified fund data.
With Unity Budgeting, you can:
- Create a predictable and repeatable forecasting model.
- Leverage historical payment information.
- Eliminate the time and risk of errors associated with manual processes.
- Automate the production and approval of expense analyses.
And these allow you to:
- Automate expense budgeting to ensure the maximum amount of revenue is recognized by Investment Advisors who waive fees based on expense caps.
- Reduce the chance that bond fund yields will fluctuate due to inaccurate analyses, resulting in a more competitive marketplace for your funds.
- Automate the expense analysis process, leading to the elimination of manual errors that could result in NAV errors.
- Reduce the chance that performance data is misstated due to inaccurate analyses.
Unity Budgeting accelerates the creation of budget and expense tracking documents, which allows you to:
- Reduce Costs by spending less time and resources on manually collecting and updating information from your fund accounting system and check register.
- Eliminate Risk by ending the error-prone process of making assumptions based on manually populated spreadsheets and adjusting accruals.
- Elevate Service Levels by increasing the accuracy and consistency of expense analyses, as well as identifying and resolving issues encountered in a timelier manner.
- Increase Scalability by being prepared for growth with measures in place to easily add new products without additional resources.
Budget Documentation for Every Application
Designed to support managed investments—such as mutual funds, alternative investments, and variable products—Unity Budgeting integrates seamlessly with common desktop business applications, and lets you quickly create print-ready statements without third parties or investments in desktop publishing software.
And because validated data is stored in a centralized database and reused for multiple purposes, you can be confident that your fund accounting system and check register information has been validated and controlled.
- Collect and import net asset, trial balance and historical payment data
- Create and automatically perform analyses for current liabilities, expenses paid and expenses accrued (FYTD), using trial balance information
- Confirm that your accrual estimates are accurately derived and that your daily accrual changes are accurately calculated as budgets are adjusted
- Deliver detailed budget analysis reports that include ratio and payment trends and forecasts
The Unity Platform by Design
Unity Budgeting is part of the Unity platform, the comprehensive fund administration platform from Confluence. The Unity platform replaces multiple time-consuming, costly, and error-prone manual processes with the ability to achieve mass customization, process consolidation, and complete automation of vital reporting functions through a single source.
Each of the product solutions that comprise the Unity platform is available for installation as part of your company's technology infrastructure, or online for users who prefer a fully-hosted option.
For more information about Confluence products, call 412.802.8632 or contact us.